how to beta test macOS app that uses Game Center?

i have a macOS app that uses Game Center. how do i make it available to beta testers?

i understand that TestFlight is available to developers running macOS v12. but my testers are normal users who are running macOS v11.

my first thought was to sign with a Developer ID and let testers download the app. except that Game Center is not supported in Developer ID apps. Can I sign and upload to App Store Connect and somehow offer the binary to testers?

Accepted Reply

i have a macOS app that uses Game Center. how do i make it available to beta testers?

The only good way to do this is using TestFlight (which is one of the reasons I’m super happy to that it’s coming to the Mac). As you’ve noted, Game Centre^H^Her is not supported for Developer ID, which rules out that avenue.

The other option, which is only feasible for a very small group of testers, is to gather device identifiers from them, add those to your development provisioning profile, and send them a development-signed build.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

The only good way to do this is using TestFlight (which is one of the reasons I’m super happy to that it’s coming to the Mac). As you’ve noted, Game Centre^H^Her is not supported for Developer ID, which rules out that avenue.

The other option, which is only feasible for a very small group of testers, is to gather device identifiers from them, add those to your development provisioning profile, and send them a development-signed build.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"