Xcode 13 / iOS 15 takes longer than expected to launch app

I am using Xcode 13 on a Macbook Pro (Intel/2019) with macOS Big Sur 11.6

I am building and launching the app on a connecting iPhone X running iOS 15.0, I am also running a UI test suite based on XCUITest while I do that.

The app takes extremely long to launch (2+ minutes), then it sits on the splash screen for another 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, Xcode shows the alert attached:

I have 2 questions:

1. Is this a widespread Xcode 13 / iOS 15 issue?
  2. Can someone please explain what the message in the alert means "LLDB is likely reading from device memory to resolve symbols"? Is there anything I can do to reduce or avoid this wait?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of swift_eye_os Down vote post of swift_eye_os
6.3k views

Replies

me too iOS 15.0.2
Xcode 12.5.1 and Xcode 13.0 MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 11.4 (20F71)

• Looking for solution Methods described here  (deleting the contents of ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport) didn't help.

**I copied 15.0.2 (19A404) from another macOS 12.0 device and put it in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport It works fine**

Add a Comment

Same

• iOS 15.0
  • Mac mini 2018
  • Xcode Version 13.0 (13A233)

iOS 14 devices have no problem, so I think there's something wrong with iOS 15 or Xcode

It happened to me too. I've managed to solve it by deleting the iOS DeviceSupport files. You can try it by closing the Xcode and delete all files in $HOME/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport, then relaunch Xcode

Deleting the files in $HOME/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport and relaunching Xcode worked for me.

Deleting did not help me. Hitting breakpoints and single stepping is painfully slow.

• Mac Mini 2020
  • Monterey 12.0.1
  • Xcode 13.2.1
  • iOS 15.2

Same problem here. Deleting files did not help.

There has two way to fix this problem:

Step One: Edit Scheme => Run => Options => uncheck Debug xpc services used by app

if step one did not work, then try step two.

Step Two: Deleting the files in $HOME/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport and Device Logs, then relaunch your Xcode.

if step two still not work, ok find way from other's.

Good luck.

In Xcode 15.1 console logs not coming, how to enable that?