Reset App Clip state after scanning another QR code

We need users to be able to scan multiple App Clip QR codes and start a new App Clip experience when they scan a new one.

We use Scene and read the URL in the .onContinueUserActivity() method. We have also implemented the .onOpenURL() with the same behaviour.

When the user scans the QR code for the first time, everything works fine - we get the URL and handle it correctly.

Unfortunately, when she scans a second QR code (with different URL) while the App Clip is still running in the background, the phone just moves the appclip to the foreground and the user sees whatever was there the last time. As far as I can tell, the methods mentioned above won't get called. If we kill the app and scan the other QR code, it will work as expected - but we can't expect users to kill the app when they want to start a new experience.

One issues is that I have no idea how to debug this scenario. Is there any way to simulate scanning a second QR code form XCode? As far as I know, I'd need to stop and start the app - which is a scenario I know to work fine.

Can anyone think of a way of debugging this and/or tell what Scene or AppDelegate methods we need to implement for this to work?

Thanks a lot