Reality Composer ground plane clips objects

I am doing an image tracking Reality Composer experience. Currently, the ground plane in Reality Composer clips the object as it intersects the ground. Is there a way to turn that "feature" off? or to be able to raise the image tracker to be above the ground instead of on the ground?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbahcpcr4rmnl5p/screenCapture.jpg?dl=0

I would also very much like to be able to turn off people and space occlusion on usdz and .reality files, but I can't seem to do that.

thanks for any ideas/help.

Dale

Hi Dale,

I don't know if there is an official answer to this issue; however, it is one I have also encountered. The work around I've been using has been changing the origin on whatever 3d software you used before you imported it to reality capture. It's a bit tedious, but I hope it helps.

I got here having the same problem. I want to display bigger objects like whole rooms (architectural structures), but the occlusion of real objects/real space keeps making these objects invisible over the boundaries. As I found out on a StackOverflow forum, it isn't possible to turn that feature in QuickLook. In case you want to turn on/off Occlusion you have to use ARKit/RealityKit frameworks, meaning you have to built your application yourself.

Link to the StackOverflow forum

I'm not sure if you're looking for this special occlusion, but when you export the model there is a real-world occlusion switch in the reality composer.

Reality Composer ground plane clips objects

Q