Shareplay beta 6 - Has anyone got it to work?

My assumption is that Shareplay will continue to work for devices with the "Shareplay Development Profile" installed.

We appreciate how many teams have been hard at work building SharePlay experiences and to ensure there is no interruption in your development, we have provided a SharePlay Development Profile which will enable successful creation and reception of GroupSessions via the Group Activities API.

I have:

1. Installed Shareplay Development Profile on devices
  2. Remove the Capability for Group Activities from app Capabilities. I can't submit build to App Store Connect with this.

However isEligableForGroupSession now always returns false and I am unable to start Group Activities.

Has anyone got their Shareplay back up and running since the latest Betas?

Running Xcode beta 5 & iOS Beta 6 on 2 Shareplay devices.

Replies

Nope, I couldn't and I am waiting for Apple to fix this issue.

Nope, doesn't work for me, I just posted about this as well because your recent post didn't show up when I searched for this issue. I filed FB9531873 for this issue. Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

My only thought is that maybe we need Xcode 13 beta 6 to get it to work and that hasn't been released yet? Otherwise they totally messed this up and we are dead in the water now.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of greg Down vote reply of greg
  • the Information available is very thin at the moment. I was wondering if they don’t intend shareplay devs to go to beta 6. This is all very awkward when you’ve convinced a client to be on the bleeding edge and back the tech! 😑

• I believe the whole point of the SharePlay developer profile is so that we developers can go to beta 6 and still test our SharePlay apps, but I think they screwed it up somehow. Hopefully they get it sorted out soon so we can continue testing.

BTW, we can't submit apps with Group Activities entitlements to Testflight now, but I'm wondering if that is still required for it to work. So we may only be able to test with development/adhoc builds that have Group Activities entitlements and not TestFlight builds for now. At least that may be what they intend. But even with development builds installed directly onto my devices with Group Activities entitlements and the SharePlay profile, I still can't get SharePlay to work. So something is broken.

Add a Comment

Nope. I wander if it is possible to roll back to iOS / iPadOS beta 5, but I do not know where to download beta 5 ipsw.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We’ve identified an issue in beta 6 versions of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 that prevents the SharePlay Development Profile from enabling SharePlay. We have corrected this issue and will soon be releasing a revised profile that is required for SharePlay development on the beta 7 versions of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, and that is also compatible with macOS Monterey beta 6.

• Thanks for the update

Add a Comment

Hi there, a new SharePlay development profile that is compatible with beta 7 versions of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and tvOS 15 has been released. Download it now from the Apple Developer Website.

• I just downloaded macOS monterey beta 6 and shareplay does not work even with the new shareplay profile. I hope a fix is on the way for Mac users.

Add a Comment

I just downloaded macOS monterey beta 6 and shareplay does not work even with the new shareplay profile. I hope a fix is on the way for Mac users.