code sign failed with non zero exit code

Having resolved the previous problems with code signing my evaluate now fails considerably later with code sign failed with non zero code. Anyone give me a hint for this please?

• I thought it might be that I was using Xcode 10 on Catalina so upgraded to Big Sur and Xcode 12 and got the same error. Using the certification assistant I tried to validate the certificate and got a note that no root certificate was found. Screen shot taken but don't know how to add it here.

Add a Comment

Replies

You have to Answer the question (not comment) to attach an image. In the original post, we see you have a warning to Update project settings.

Did you do it ?

Did you have a look at this ?

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/123658

I am sorry about the confusion I have caused. The original problem was for an unsigned certificate for which the solution was to download and process the AppleWWDRCA.cer. The problem I put the comment in for was for a different problem. I have taken on your advise about cleaning up the warnings so will do that next and see if the latest problem persists and if it does add another entry for that with all the details I can sort out.

• Thanks. It will be better to start a new thread and close this one.

• just to say thank you. I have completed the 'fixes' for the warnings and sorted out the access rights to my key in the key chain so the build completed and I can proceed with submission once I am ready for that step. For me this situation is resolved.

• Thanks for feedback and good luck. Is it your first submission ? And don't forget to close the thread.

Add a Comment