watchos 7.6.1 symbols

Hey all !

has anyone had any luck with the automatic symbols download for 7.6.1, i know i shouldn't have updated ! sometimes the download works right away or sometimes somebody needs to flip a switch on the back end. or maybe its just me. I can see the "instralling watch os symbols.." message but it immediately goes away, and nothing is in the watchOS device support folder.

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

these will be fixed shortly, apologies for the inconvenience!

• Thanks for getting this fixed!

I will say that this has happened quite a few times now, and some of those times took weeks to fix (or were fixed simply by waiting for a new build) and I couldn't debug on-device. It would be wonderful if there was an improvement to the iOS/watchOS build deployment process such that symbol uploads are verified at deployment time.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same issue. Cannot load symbols for 7.6.1. Says no accounts are registered with Xcode that have the ability to access the resource. I do have an active developer account and Xcode is logged into it.

• I too. Xcode 12.5.1, iPhone 14.7.1, watch 7.6.1

Add a Comment

Try to change your folder inside watchOS DeviceSupport (~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport) from Watch5,10 7.6 (18U63) to Watch5,10 7.6.1 (18U70) and it will work normal!

• While this trick works sometimes, unfortunately, it doesn't for this build (at least for my device). Xcode tries to use the duplicated symbols, but when performing an install action on-device, it fails and then tries to download the symbols fresh.

Edit: Scratch that, after a macOS restart, builds are now installing properly.

Add a Comment

i will give it a shot! i feel as though we shouldn't have to rename folders to get things to work, i wonder if they just haven't uploaded them to their server for users to download. who knows. A response from an admin would be nice for sure

• I upgraded my watch directly to 7.6.1 from 7.3.3 so I never got the 7.6 symbols either. Is there a way to download those so I can rename them to 7.6.1?

• I have the same issue. A link to compatible symbols would be much appreciated.

Add a Comment

Same for me!

these will be fixed shortly, apologies for the inconvenience!

• Thanks for getting this fixed!

I will say that this has happened quite a few times now, and some of those times took weeks to fix (or were fixed simply by waiting for a new build) and I couldn't debug on-device. It would be wonderful if there was an improvement to the iOS/watchOS build deployment process such that symbol uploads are verified at deployment time.

Add a Comment

symbols are now able to be downloaded

Works for me