Time Sensitive notifications not working

Hello, we have updated our app to include the time sensitive notification entitlement and changed the payload sent to the APNS to include the "interruption-level": "time-sensitive" key. However no notification is able to bypass the Schedule or Focus modes. We've been able to check and the payload is received properly by the app. Is there any known issue?

"aps": {
		"sound": "default",
		"alert": {
            "title": "Awesome title"
			"body": "New Time Sensitive notification received",
			"action-loc-key": "Details"
		},
		"interruption-level": "time-sensitive",
		"badge": 6
	}

Also using the code suggested during the WWDC session doesn't work.

let content = UNMutableNotificationContent()

content.title = "Urgent"

content.body = "A time sensitive notification"

if #available(iOS 15.0, *) {

content.interruptionLevel = .timeSensitive

} else {

// Fallback on earlier versions

}

let trigger = UNTimeIntervalNotificationTrigger(timeInterval: 10, repeats: false)

let request = UNNotificationRequest(identifier: "time-sensitive-example", content: content, trigger: trigger)

notificationCenter.add(request) { Error in

}

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Nevermind, seem that the feature was completely missing from beta 1. No changes and everything working on beta 2.

Replies

Am able to get it to work all as expected on my end using remote notifications, I'm sure it already is, but ensure the setting Time-Sensitive Notifications are enabled in your intended Focus?

{
        "aps": {
            "alert": "This is an active notification.",
            "interruption-level": "time-sensitive"
        }
    }

Nevermind, seem that the feature was completely missing from beta 1. No changes and everything working on beta 2.

The same thing was happening to me on beta 3. The time-sensitive tag wasn't getting applied to my notifications until I restarted my phone. Spent over an hour trying different things to get it to work 🤦‍♂️

• Same behavior on release version - didn't work until phone restart. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Its a BUG and even not fixed in iOS 15. Didn't checked with 15.0.1. I had to restart my phone in order to apply timesensitive notification changes after app update. Untill then Time-Senstitve Notifications checkbox was not appearing in App Notification Settings. Thanks for the help. :-)

Add a Comment

I'm having the problem that it doesn't seem to work for me, specifically for local notifications. Does anyone else have that too?

• The app has the entitlement for 'Time-sensitive notifications'
  • The development provisioning profile that I sign the app with when running on-device also has the capability
  • I'm using a focus mode on the iOS 15 RC version that has 'time-sensitive notifications' enabled
  • My app is not in the 'allowed apps' list

But notifications specified with .timeSensitive as interruptionLevel don't seem to come through. They do come through when I add the app to the 'allowed apps' list, but that is not how it is supposed to work, right?

To answer my own question: I missed the entitlement in the .entitlements file called Time Sensitive Notifications to be set to YES