Failed retrieving request UUID for upload

I get the following error "Failed retrieving request UUID for upload" when I try to upload a new build for the Apple Notary service.. everything worked smoothly so far. I have this issue for more than 24 hours now... What I tried so far:

1. T&C are accepted up to date
  2. I tried to generate multiple builds with different build numbers as well...
  • The same thing is happening to me.

• +1 also having this issue

Add a Comment

Replies

Also running into this.. no luck finding a solution so far

On Apple System Status looks like the Notary system is up and running but I have the same issue... tested a few minutes ago.

App Store Connect Operation Error Failed retreiving request UUID for upload

I got the exact same issue !

Clearly the notary service had a bad day yesterday but, according to the system status page, that should be resolved now. I have some questions for folks who are still having problems:

• Are you using Xcode? Or altool? Or the shiny new notarytool? [1]

• If you’re using Xcode, what version?

Also, if you’re using Xcode, please retry with either altool (or notarytool). Historically there have been a number of cases where:

• Xcode fails but altool works, or

• altool gives a more meaningful error, helping to resolve the problem

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] See WWDC 2021 Session 10261 Faster and simpler notarization for Mac apps.

@eskimo Hey :) I tried using XCode 12.5 and after that I updated to XCode 12.5.1 and I had the same issue. I will try with altool

• I went back in time to Xcode 12.4 on Catalina, the error message is different, it refers to contracts in need of signing. Not UUID (which 12.5 does).

I now wondering if it is because I am still a member of organisations that are no longer program members. So wondering if the error is triggered by any organisation that hasn't signed, rather than the one for which I'm notarising code for.

In developer.apple, any organisation that I have been a member of is still listed. However, Xcode now only shows the two that are active. So there is an inconsistency.

FB9206318 has the screen shots, Quinn.

I'll need to figure out where to find all the arguments for altool - have not needed to know all those the details....

• My account belonged to two organizations. One active (mine), one inactive (someone else's) and likely not up to date on contracts. When I removed myself from the inactive organization the whole process (Xcode and Organizer) worked fine.

Add a Comment

I fixed this by agreeing to the new contracts on both the developer account website and App Store Connect. 🙄🙄

• Yes, that fixed it. Thanks @swillits

• Thank you so much @swillits, that fixed it for me too. Your powers of second sight exceed mine.

• Agreeing to the new terms and services fixed it for me as well. Wish I figured that out 5 days ago, but better late than never...

Add a Comment

Go to App Store Connect and agree to the new Paid Applications Agreement.

• Still not working after both (Free apps and Paid apps) agreements are active...

• This did end up working for me. I wish Apple could provide more explicit advice when things fail. For one of the worlds most valued companies, and one that prides itself on being user friendly, the app notarization process is frustrating for developers. Apple needs to invest in generating meaningful error messages when they change things. My software is all free, but I still had to sign the Paid Applications Agreement.

Add a Comment

Q: Is there a way to delete a post? The UI of this forum confused me and I ended up posting duplicates, expecting I could delete my older posts.

A: No, you can't. You have to live with that mistake.

Q: Nah. I edit my post to remind others of that issue.

It's working.. finally

I'm getting this error right now. Everything is agreed yet getting this error.

I'm getting this error right now.

OK. Presumably you’re looking for help with that. If so:

• How are you notarising your product? Xcode? altool? notarytool?

• If it’s one of the first two, try running a test notarisation using notarytool. Does that help?

If you’re using altool and notarytool fixes the problem, switch to notarytool permanently. altool has been deprecated for the purposes of notarisation. notarytool is better, stronger, and faster. For the details, see WWDC 2021 Session 10261 Faster and simpler notarization for Mac apps.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• My account belonged to two organizations. One active (mine), one inactive (someone else's) and likely not up to date on contracts.

When I removed myself from the inactive organization the whole process (Xcode and Organizer) worked fine.

Add a Comment

Purple's suspicion that multiple organizations may be involved may be correct. My account belonged to two organizations. One active (mine), one inactive (someone else's) and likely not up to date on contracts.

When I removed myself from the inactive organization the whole process (Xcode and Organizer) worked fine. Only the active account was used in the process.Maybe I got lucky. For the last few days the process was hit and miss. About 90% misses.