Monterey B1 on VMWare Fusion fails

I tried upgrading a Big Sur VM (VMWare Fusion) to MacOS Monterey B1. The install went black, hung up and died, leaving me with a bricked VM. Luckily, this was an experimental VM that I could restore from backup.

The host is a Late 2014 27" Retina 5K iMac. I just discovered that Monterey won't support my hardware, and I assume it won't support its client VM's either. I wish that the installer surveyed the hardware and blocked the installation to save me the headache and heartache.

Replies

Im going to give this a try:

https://blog.eucse.com/how-to-run-macos-monterey-12-beta-in-vmware-fusion/

How to run macOS Monterey (12) Beta in VMware Fusion WRITTEN BYADAM MATTHEWS POSTED ON

JUNE 9, 202114 COMMENTS ON HOW TO RUN MACOS MONTEREY (12) BETA IN VMWARE FUSION macOS Monterey was announced on the 7th June, and of course like good Digital Workspace people we were right into testing mode! during initial Fusion testing we were running into some fun errors/delays, which we have worked out and documented here. So if you’re trying to get Monterey working in VMware Fusion and having some issues, read on!

Yes! Confirmed I have the same issues. Black Screen. And got my SSD get corrupted. Upon physical rebooted. Not only that kernel issues and MacOS Monterey rebooted by itself. This bug need to be fix by apple.

Even Monterey beta version 2 having the same issues. I decided to stop using Monterey beta 2 as it have giving me so much problems on SSD get corrupted. I have reason of doubt that Monetery beta 3 still have not fix the issues with the virtual machine.