Notarization of pkg fails intermittently

We have a macOS application.

We have implemented a bash script to notarize the installer package (.pkg) of our Mac app. Sometimes it works successfully.

But, intermittently it fails while checking the status of notarization.

Please find below the commands used in bash script:

Command:

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id --username --password <App_Specific_Password> --file <PKG_File_Path>

Output:

No errors uploading <PKG_File_Path>.

RequestUUID = XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Command:

xcrun altool --notarization-info -u -p <App_Specific_Password>

Error:

2021-06-10 12:33:48.300 altool[2163:13708] *** Error: Failed to get notarization info. 2021-06-10 12:33:48.300 altool[2163:13708] *** Error: code 1519 (Apple Services operation failed. Could not find the RequestUUID.)

Though correct RequestUUID is passed to the command, it fails with above mentioned error.

Replies

Try this command :

xcrun altool --notarization-info <Your RequestUUID" --username "***@***.**" --password "***-***-****-****" 

But, intermittently it fails while checking the status of notarization.

Failing intermittently is unusal. I have two bits of advice:

• Try enabling verbose logging in altool to see if it offers any hints as to what’s going wrong.

• Try using the new notarytool; see WWDC 2021 Session 10261 Faster and simpler notarization for Mac apps. This is a tool dedicated to notarisation and, in my experience, it works really well.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

For those reading along at home, I’ll be helping Ninad V in a different context.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"