Unable to Add Info.plist Values in Xcode 13 beta

This is probably going to be very embarrassing, but i have been searching now for over an hour with no luck. Projects created in 13 no longer have Info.plist (as per release notes), but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add values in the target's Project Editor. I try right-clicking, double-clicking, I've looked for Editor and other menu options, etc. with no luck. I want to add a Privacy - Location key/string pair. I've also looked for settings in preferences, shut down/restarted, looked at Project Editor help, searched online, etc., etc. and am totally stuck here. I had no problems editing the actual Info.plist files in earlier pre-13 projects. I'm on a Mac mini M1 running MacOS 15 beta/Xcode 13 beta.

Accepted Reply

Switch the deployment target to 14.x and it should magically appear in your file navigator.

• Thank you!!! I've been beating my head over this for several days. It worked - not quite magically, but it worked. After I switched the target, it didn't appear. I tried a couple of different versions, then shut down the app, exited xcode, reopened app, did a clean build, still not there. I went into the project editor and now when I hovered over items in the 'Custom iOS Target Properties', it gave me +/- symbols to add a line item - i added the Privacy - Location, and as soon as i did, the file DID (magically) appear in the file navigator. I also noticed that when I switch back to 15, it doesn't (thankfully) magically disappear.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this!

Add a Comment

Replies

Okay, I think I've figured out that I shouldn't need to because the file will be generated automatically with the required values added based on code statements, but I'm still not sure why I wouldn't need to add a string explaining why, e.g., Privacy - Location services is being used.

Switch the deployment target to 14.x and it should magically appear in your file navigator.

• Thank you!!! I've been beating my head over this for several days. It worked - not quite magically, but it worked. After I switched the target, it didn't appear. I tried a couple of different versions, then shut down the app, exited xcode, reopened app, did a clean build, still not there. I went into the project editor and now when I hovered over items in the 'Custom iOS Target Properties', it gave me +/- symbols to add a line item - i added the Privacy - Location, and as soon as i did, the file DID (magically) appear in the file navigator. I also noticed that when I switch back to 15, it doesn't (thankfully) magically disappear.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this!

Add a Comment