Ability to create an app-specific password from the business account

I am trying to follow the guideline for Notarizing Apps from the Command Line but for whatever reason I cannot see the link to generate an app-specific password in appleid portal . I am using AppleID provided by my employer, my role is Developer and I have 2-factor authentication in-place.

Seems like that this an account specific problem because I can see the link and able to generate the password while authenticating with my personal Apple ID.

Is there anything that Account Holder/Admin should tweak with the permissions so the link could appear? As an alternative option may I use personal AppleID to submit pkg installer for notarization which was signed with my employer's Developer Installer ID certificate?

Replies

You should create a new Apple ID, ideally one that’s not associated to a person. Generate an App-Specific password using that new account. Finally invite the new Apple ID into the business account’s Apple Developer Program as a Developer role.

Alternatively you could also create an API Key file and use that one for authentication.

Search the web for “How to Securely Provide Apple ID Password into Notarization Build Jobs” for more details on using a dedicated Apple ID for notarization or creating and using an API key for that purpose (obviously I can’t link it here due to forum restrictions).