iCloud Private Relay

Will the new iCloud Private Relay features be manageable via MDM or declarative device management?

Accepted Reply

I’m unsure as well if it can be restricted through a configuration profile. It can be disabled for your network by blocking the proxy address and will not function when running through a VPN, so there may be a very limited use case for adding it as a restriction.

Replies

I’m unsure as well if it can be restricted through a configuration profile. It can be disabled for your network by blocking the proxy address and will not function when running through a VPN, so there may be a very limited use case for adding it as a restriction.

I'd like to know this as well. I just filled a feedback to see if this is something that can be managed.

I like what Private Relay does, but I wish it was additive, and did not replace functionality provided by the network. For example, we block ads using DNS on our network.

We are recording an 80 increase of ad traffic to devices when private relay is turned on.

I'd like to know this as well. I just filled a feedback to see if this is something that can be managed.

Can you post the Feedback ID?

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com

Starting in beta 3 (21A5284e) there is a note in the release notes about being able to prevent iCloud Private Relay using the Restriction payload with a boolean key of allowCloudPrivateRelay. The macOS device must be supervised.

Huh