watchOS 8 install problem - repeatable

When I try to install watchos8, after downloading to the watch, and "preparing", I repeatedly get a bug:

Unable to Verify Update The watchOS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to the internet.

However, yes, my wifi is connected to the internet. I have tried 4-5 times, always same result. I have unpaired, and re-paired the watch with the iOS 15 iPhone 12 Pro .

Is anyone else having difficulty installing watchOS 8?

Replies

Un-pair, re-pair, set up as new - same problem

Factory reset, retry - same problem. I'm gonna have to learn to love watchOS 7.5

I am wondering, watchOS 8 is billed as "always on", a feature introduced in Series 5 watches. My watch is a Series 4, and is not normally "always on". I was wondering about the battery drain of the beta. Perhaps I am spared the experience of watchOS 8 betas, due to old hardware.

Does anyone know if watchOS 8 runs on "not always on" hardware like my Series 4?

• I'm having the same problem. Stuck on watch os 7.6 beta rollout. Works fine with iOS 15 though. Also with a Series 4 and 12 pro max on iOS 15 beta 2.

• Good to know I am not alone. Does anyone have WatchOS 8 running on a Series 4 watch?

Add a Comment

This watch, now devoid of developer profiles, and running standard released 7.5, with no profiles what so ever, when trying to upgrade to 7.6 ( released yesterday), .....

... behaves identically. It throws the error Unable to Verify Update. The watchOS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to the Internet.

Still stuck in 7.5, although the world has moved on to 7.6