Unable to load custom class 'GameScene' from module '(null)' in xcode

Unable to load custom class 'GameScene' from module '(null)' For some reason Xcode has started showing this message last night. Even loading a new SpriteKit project and running it unmodified gets the error. The scene loads, but is unresponsive. I've also tried modifying the program by removing the default scene and creating a new one; new SKS file has the same issue. Existing projects still compile and load properly, however. Considering the default template isn't working out of the box anymore, is this an Xcode update gone wrong, or is there something that can be done to force it to realize the class does, in fact, exist? Restarting the computer had no effect on the issue. P.S my xcode version is 12.5 and macOS version is Big Sur 11.4

• I cannot reproduce your issue. I do not get the error message on Xcode 12.5 on macOS 11.4 when I create a new iOS game project that uses SpriteKit and run the project on an iOS simulator. The project runs and the spinning nodes appear when tapping/clicking in the simulator.

• Hey, did you manage to fix this? We are having the same problem. The only thing that could've messed with how it is working could be the act of deleting all the files in the ~/Library/cache folder we did a few days ago. Tried reinstalling. The older projects are working fine. It is just when we try to make a new one it throws that error.

Add a Comment