overrideUserInterfaceStyle in tvOS not working?

Regardless of how I set UIUserInterfaceStyle in info.plist, setting overrideUserInterfaceStyle on a UIViewController seems to do absolutely nothing (though the setting in info.plist doe override the system setting). Is overrideUserInterfaceStyle no longer supported? I'd like to provide a way for my users to override their system-wide dark or light mode in my app.

Accepted Reply

What I finally realized many months later is that it does work... it just doesn't change the default background. So, if you leave your main view's background on Default (transparent) and your if your Apple TV is set to light mode and you override the interface to use dark mode, everything will display in dark mode, except whatever the Apple TV's current background is will appear behind it.

Replies

What I finally realized many months later is that it does work... it just doesn't change the default background. So, if you leave your main view's background on Default (transparent) and your if your Apple TV is set to light mode and you override the interface to use dark mode, everything will display in dark mode, except whatever the Apple TV's current background is will appear behind it.