App Store Connect Operation Error

"App Store Connect Operation Error
Failed retreiving request UUID for upload"

I don't understand why I get this error or what to do about it. I googled and there's lots of hits but that was over a year ago, nothing recent. I just recently upgraded to 11.3.1.

Oh, Apple needs to run their error messages through a spell checker. *retrieving*.
  • Failed retrieving requestid for upload. you may have outstanding agreements to sign on app store connect. There are no disagreements in appstoreconnect. I don’t know how to solve this problem. Old devices can still upload authentication normally. The latest 21 MacBook Pro upload authentication must have this problem.

Add a Comment

Replies

Did you try connecting from another network ? Like through the iPhone connection sharing, in 4G ?
Just tried it and it still has the error. Anyway, thanks for your response.
Early this year I decided I would move development from my 2012 MacBook Pro to an intel Mac mini.

Out of curiosity, I tried it on my old MacBook which was worked fine the last time almost a year ago. Now it doesn't work and I get a connection error with "You must first sign the relevant contracts online. (1048)". But as far as I can see it's all signed from last year. OFFS Apple, why is this always so annoying and difficult.

Is there a way to completely remove all certificates etc and start again?

Any help appreciated.
You wrote:

Failed retreiving request UUID for upload

You’re not the first person to see this problem. I recommend that you hop on over to this thread for more background and a potential workaround (or, if not, at least a suggestion on how to further investigate this).

Oh, Apple needs to run their error messages through a spell checker.

Yeah, I noticed that too, and filed a bug about it (r. 77913711).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Me too I have got this error message. So I went to the Apple Store Connect and I discovered that I had to apply the new agreements. So I did. Then I re-submitted my app to the notarisation process and it worked like a charm. Solved.

• this worked also in my case. Really weird error message from Apple site during validation, btw.

• that fixed it for me too.

Add a Comment

Hi Eskimo, Filed a bug about a spelling error? When I put in a bug it completely screws things up - not just a simple spelling error.

Filed a bug about a spelling error? When I put in a bug it completely screws things up - not just a simple spelling error.

I don’t understand this comment, so let me start by clarifying my position:

• The spelling error is just that, a spelling error. I’ve filed a bug about it (r. 77913711) but that’s completely irrelevant to the error you’re seeing.

• With regards that error, I’ve posted my advice over on the thread I referenced.

Share and Enjoy

I'm having this same problem today. I've restarted Xcode (a common cause of notarization issues), rebooted, checked App Store Connect for any need to accept a new licensing agreement (another area where more detailed error messages would be very useful) and I get this error message. It worked 2 days ago and nothing changed on my end. What's going on??

Kevin

• You're not alone. :\

System Status suggests there was a problem yesterday, but not one today (at least yet). https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

Add a Comment

I'm having this same problem today.

Rather than continue with this historical thread I’m going to respond over on this shiny new thread.

Share and Enjoy

Had the same issue today. Went to the developer site and signed in. Turns out I needed to agree to the new developer agreement. Once I did that, everything worked as usual. Apple could have added an appropriate error text to tell me that...

Hi,

Still having trouble. Just wondering... (I've moved development back and forth from 3 or 4 computers over the last few years.)

How many certificates do I need? I have:- 5 Developer ID Application macOS, all current. 2 Mac Installer Distribution macOS, all current. 1 Distribution for ALL, current. 3 Development for ALL, all current for 3 computers.

Can I delete most certificates and only keep 1 each for:- 1 Developer ID Application macOS. 1 Mac Installer Distribution. 1 Distribution ALL. 1 Development for the current computer I'm using now.

If I do that will xcode work it out without too much messing about?

Any help appreciated. Thanks Paul

Still facing the same issue.... with both Free apps & Paid apps agreements signed (status "Active" for both of them)

I have signed all the agreements but still, get this error. Any other ideas what else could be done?

• Yeah the issue happens again ... randomly...

Add a Comment

It's failing consistently for me. I've tried it over the past several days.

I am getting this same problem today multiple times after agreeing to all the agreements. The paid agreement doesn't have banking info filled in, but it says it's optional if it is not a paid app. So..... there is really no explanation for why I can't submit a new binary. I get the following error: "Failed retrieving request UUID for upload. You may have outstanding agreements to sign on App Store Connect."