TVUIKit Lockup views in a Storyboard terminating at runtime. Anything I need to do?

Working on a new tvOS app, and after creating a few Views in a Storyboard I found an opportunity to use one of the handy TVLockupView subclasses. Specifically, TVCardView. So I dragged one in to a UICollectionViewCell.

Problem is, at runtime, the app terminates when unarchiving the Storyboard.

Code Block
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidUnarchiveOperationException', reason: 'Could not instantiate class named TVCardView because no class named TVCardView was found; the class needs to be defined in source code or linked in from a library (ensure the class is part of the correct target)'

As a sanity check I created a new project from scratch, and see the same issue adding any TVUIKit views to the Storyboard. If I view the Storyboard in the source editor, I do see <capability name="TVUIKit controls" minToolsVersion="10.2"/>. But I suspect that that only populates the Library with the TVUIKit views.

The files are both definitely part of the correct target, and my source code is my Storyboard.

Anything else I can do here or do I just need to create all of my TVUIKit views in code?

(FB9110528)

Accepted Reply

To fix, manually Link TVUIKit to the tvOS target.

1 - Select the Target in the Navigator
2 - Choose "Build Phases"
3 - In "Link Binary with Libraries" add TVUIKit.framework

Replies

To fix, manually Link TVUIKit to the tvOS target.

1 - Select the Target in the Navigator
2 - Choose "Build Phases"
3 - In "Link Binary with Libraries" add TVUIKit.framework