Advanced App Clip: 'This URL is already registered as an App Clip Experience'

Here's the scenario:

1) I had an app in App Store Connect.

2) I created an Advanced App Clip Experience for the app, using my website URL.

3) For technical reasons, I removed the app and created a new one.

4) For this new app, I tried to create an Advanced App Clip Experience using my website URL, but I get the error message "This URL is already registered as an App Clip Experience.".

It seems that the system hasn't released the URL I registered for the first app, despite the app having been removed.

Question: How can I register my URL for this new app?

Thank you!

Replies

Same here, but for slightly different scenario (I have registered and de-registered URL for another app)

What was your resolution? Are URLs registered to an appclip permanent even if deactivated? We have multiple environments and I need this url for our production app but it was registered for our test app. Does it take some time to clear or is it permanent and now I have to use a different URL?

• I ran into a similar issue and had a month long discussion with apple people. Seems like this designed like this and you should switch to a different url.

Add a Comment

Did anyone get any resolution on this? I'm experiencing the same.

I am experiencing same issue. Did anyone get resolution on this.

Don't worry. Don't discuss with Apple for month. You and they got better things to do. Just reactivate URL in "Filter -> Status "deactivated" :) Have fun!