Xcode 12.5 crashes when opening Organizer window

Xcode version 12.5 (12E262)

When opening the Organizer window (Window -> Organizer), even when there is no project open, Xcode crashes after a few seconds.

• I tried deleting all my archives, but that did not help.
• I tried rebooting the computer, but that did not help.

I can now no longer upload anything to App Store Connect, this is a serious issue.

Anyone have a tip?

Accepted Reply

I have found a work around / fix:

• download and install both Xcode 12.4 and 12.5 from the developer downloads page
• launch 12.4, then in the Organizer window one-by-one select all of your apps in the drop down box while “Archives” is selected.
• quit 12.4, launch 12.5, open the Organizer window and it should no longer crash now.

Replies

Update: when I delete my developer account in Preferences -> Accounts, Xcode no longer crashes when opening the Organizer.

This means however that automatic signing and uploading a build no longer works, but at least it's some info that may lead to the solution.
I'm getting the same issue during the process of either archiving a project to upload or attempting to upload to the App Store. The crash logs are automatically uploaded to Apple of course, but the report flags the current as the crash wherever it actually fails during the sequence.

"Application Specific Information:

ProductBuildVersion: 12E262

ASSERTION FAILURE in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTFrameworks/DVTFrameworks-18168/DVTITunesSoftwareServiceFoundation/App Loader/Wrappers/DVTITunesConnectApplicationVersionDescription.m:70

Details:  (y) should not be nil.

Object:   <DVTITunesConnectApplicationVersionDescription: 0x132e56700>

Method:   -initWithCoder:

Thread:   <NSThread: 0x132e1f5d0>{number = 39, name = (null)}

Open FDs: 52/9472"
I've submitted report PM – FB9090561 via Feedback Assistant
Same assertion failure here in the logs.
I have found a work around / fix:

• download and install both Xcode 12.4 and 12.5 from the developer downloads page
• launch 12.4, then in the Organizer window one-by-one select all of your apps in the drop down box while “Archives” is selected.
• quit 12.4, launch 12.5, open the Organizer window and it should no longer crash now.
The suggested workaround works, but the problem often returns and then the workaround has to done once more.

For now, I work and build in Xcode 12.5, and then submit the build using Xcode 12.4.
It didn't work for me, but uploading with 12.4 does at least.
Same problem, reported FB9088492 via Feedback Assistant.
Build and test apps with 12.5 but can only upload apps with 12.4.
Same problem
Same problem here.
But unfortunately installing 12.4 again did not fix my 12.5 installation. Not even when selecting my archived app in the organizer in Xcode 12.4
I'm on an M1 mac and having the same issue as others here with xcode 12.5. Compiles fine then crashes on opening of organizer. Then opening the organizer for anything crashes with 2 secs. Going back to xcode 12.4 solves the problem because it can compile and open organizer without any issues. But using 12.4 does not fix or temporarily fix 12.5 organizer issue.
Same problem! Its impossible to upload anything to app store!
Same problem, I was searching for dvtitunesconnectapplicationversiondescription.m:70 and fund this thread, this is from the top of crash log
I did the other thing signing out from apple id solved the crash but avoided uploading. The issue is persistent on my m1 mac and with same version on Appstore for over a week after reporting the bug. There should be a path by now for this atleast on Appstore.
It seems to be fixed now. I guess Apple changed something in the backend for fetching app data / apple id data. Xcode no longer crashes in the organizer for me.