Files are getting attached when we open gmail.com in Safari app

Hi,

I am trying to create a system extensions and using that I need to block certain file types(pdf etc.) to get attached in Safari application.

For this, I have created endpoint client and subscribed ES_EVENT_TYPE_AUTH_OPEN events and in handler I am checking the certain file types and trying to block those files in attaching into Safari application(gmail.com) by providing the verdict using es_respond_flags_result.

However I can see that there is no ES_EVENT_TYPE_AUTH_OPEN event triggered in case of Safari, when we open gmail.com and try to attach the file. In case of Chrome, ES_EVENT_TYPE_AUTH_OPEN events are triggered when we open gmail.com and trying to attach the files and we are able to provide verdict for chrome.

But if drag and drop file in Safari browser then we are getting ES_EVENT_TYPE_AUTH_OPEN and able to provide verdicts.

Need your help to know whether I am following correct steps to block those file types in Safari application(gmail.com attachment) or there is any other way to achieve the desired functionality or its bug in Safari application as it’s not working with Endpoint security API with the specified scenario.

Your early help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohmad Vasim