Unable to notarise: Unable to find requested file(s): metadata.xml (1057)

Hi.
In the latest days I'm unable to notarize some components (dmgs, apps, etc) because the upload of those components is failing with the error: Unable to find requested file(s): metadata.xml (1057)
Sometimes it is necessary to try 2-4 times to be able to upload the components. I'm using Xcode 11.3.1 and Xcode 12.2.
The notarisation was working ok with no issues previously.
Have someone face a similar issue?
Thanks

Replies

We submit at least 17 components for notarization each day and first saw the missing metadata.xml problem on 3/31. It has since occurred four times on 4/8, 4/9, and 4/13, and 4/14.

Each bundle id contains a random value and I've confirmed that there have been no duplicates. Each package is staged out of a unique temporary folder and I've confirmed that there have been no duplicates. Repeating our build and submission process has always succeeded.

We're building under macOS 10.14.6 using the command line tools. "xcrun swinfo --version" is 1.17.830 and Xcode is 11.3.1.

I've started seeing this error as well. At eskimo's suggestion, I added a random string to my primary-bundle-id. It did not help. Error still crops up.

--version shows this is 1.17.830

Because of how my scripts work. it's hard to quickly get a --verbose
Hi skimo.
We are not using the Xcode Organizer. The notarization is part of our continuous integration system. So We are using altool (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/notarizing_macos_software_before_distribution/customizing_the_notarization_workflow?language=objc)
The notarization was working OK previously, but in the latest weeks this error (Unable to find requested file(s): metadata.xml) appears frequently.
Hi,

Same behavior on a Mojave 10.14.6 machine, on a script virtually unchanged since 2019. Last successful notarization on 27th of March, haven't had a batch of builds since; today keeps kicking my shins.

Submitted the details under report: "FB9079544 (Unable to notarise: Unable to find requested file(s): metadata.xml (1057))".

Thanks.
scovasa wrote:

Submitted the details under report: FB9079544

Thanks!

Other folks, sharing details with your peers here on DevForums is totally fine, but I’m still hoping to get more bug numbers.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"
Same issue here:
  • Notarisation from command from command line not working at all

• First complained about unable to find metadata.xml, on subsequent runs can't find the actual dmg to be notarised.

• xcrun swinfo --version is 1.18.850

Would be amazing, if this could get fixed swiftly!
Submitted the bug: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9072835

Submitted the bug [FB9072835]

Thanks.

Share and Enjoy

Submitted the error log I get: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9083746

Submitted the error log I get [FB9083746]

Thanks.

The notary service folks have already made some changes that seem to have help with this issue, so they’ll be very interested to hear that you’re still having problems.

Share and Enjoy

Eskimo, I apologize for taking so long to reply - I was out of town, in impossibility of reaching my workstation.

First chance I got, I ran a test and at the moment I am in proud posession of a freshly-notarized build. (I'll get back in case anything contradicts this initial great experience.)

Thank you very much for staying on top of this and, again, I apologize for the "quick to scream murder, then slow to react when good things happen" stance.