Full screen app and launching helper application

Hello:

In my app (which is a security app), the requirement is to launch a helper app and then go fullscreen, disabling the menu bar and the dock. I can enable and disable fullscreen using the enterFullScreenMode(screen,withOptions:) and friends method on NSView. My problem is that if I launch the helper app before or after going fullscreen, the helper app is hidden. I do call activate(options:), however none of the option provided to activate seem to get the desired result.

I was thinking of a blanking window on each screen but at least with my initial testing, controlling the z-order of the apps looked a little daunting!

Is there a way to force an app that you know the bundle id of to the 'absolute' front or for the parent app to move behind the helper in fullscreen, or if using blanking windows to turn on and off the options provided by NSApplication.PresentationOptions without having to use enterFullScreenMode.

Is there a URL that might explain how to achieve the requirement? Any constructive hints would be appreciated.

John