VPP License Assignment cals fails with "License not eligible for device assignment"

While associating license to the device using the below API, We are getting an error saying "License not eligible for device assignment"
Code Block
https://vpp.itunes.apple.com/mdm/manageVPPLicensesByAdamIdSrv

Sample Response:
Code Block
{
"associations": [
{
"serialNumber": "XXXXXX",
"errorMessage": "License not eligible for device assignment.",
"errorCode": 9628,
"errorNumber": 9628
}
],
"status": -1
}

However, App shows as Device Assignable in Apple Business Manager and also the App details API responds as isVppDeviceBasedLicensingEnabled=true while fetching App details.
Code Block
"bundleId": "com.granicus.iLegislate",
"isVppDeviceBasedLicensingEnabled": true,
"kind": "iosSoftware",
"copyright": "© Granicus, Inc.",
"latestVersionReleaseDate": "Apr 4, 2019",
"artistId": "1191882827",

We are seeing this error very frequent and consistent for the past few hours for some apps which were working fine earlier. Since it greatly affects App deployment through Apple Business Manager it would be helpful if we get any input on why this error occurs and how to mitigate them.

Replies

I'm seeing this as well in the past 48 hours with multiple apps. It happened with Google chrome a couple of days ago, but after 24 hours, the app installed. I'm now seeing it with a number of other apps including Google Maps, Microsoft Excel, AccuLynx Field Roofing, Microsoft Outlook.
I also have been seeing these issues since yesterday. Hoping Apple knows.
Me too, particularly with Google Chrome and Outlook. I have configured 3 devices, two worked fine and the third refused to take a license for these apps. Hopefully it'll resolve by Monday. Spoke to Meraki (we use SM) and they confirmed there is a ticket open with Apple to address this.