How can I make Xcode's Interface Builder work with Rosetta?

I am using an M1 Mac mini (macOS 11.2.1), Xcode 12.4, and I checked Xcode's option to "Open using Rosetta" (Finder > Get Info). I checked this option so I can compile a third party framework that otherwise fails to compile.

The problem is that whenever I open a storyboard or xib file the Interface Builder shows empty black rectangles for everything, with this error message on top:

An internal error occurred. Editing functionality may be limited.

I can add views and edit their properties, but the Interface Builder cannot refresh nor render anything.

I have the Interface Builder's log files in case that's helpful, here's the error message from the Log.txt file:

=================================
ERROR:
=================================
Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS. (Failure reason: IBAgent-iOS (-1) failed to launch): Failed to launch IBAgent-iOS via CoreSimulator spawn (Failure reason: Failed to spawn IBAgent-iOS on iPhone 8 (9D490435-8326-4332-B838-180C6905F9B5, iOS 14.4, Booted)): Invalid device state
Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=IBAgent-iOS (-1) failed to launch, NSUnderlyingError=0x7faccf1ad110 {Error Domain=com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimError Code=405 "Failed to launch IBAgent-iOS via CoreSimulator spawn" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to spawn IBAgent-iOS on iPhone 8 (9D490435-8326-4332-B838-180C6905F9B5, iOS 14.4, Booted), NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to launch IBAgent-iOS via CoreSimulator spawn, NSUnderlyingError=0x7face91a49d0 {Error Domain=com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimError Code=405 "Invalid device state" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid device state}}}}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Please check Console.app for crash reports for "IBAgent-iOS" for further information., NSLocalizedDescription=Encountered an error communicating with IBAgent-iOS.}

I am also facing the same issue. Any solution to resolve this issue?
Same problem here... It's a true shame Apple can't even properly support their own inventions!!
Same problem here, only seems to affect one of my storyboards (that I've found so far). I haven't found a solution, but here's how I work around it for now:

I have two copies of Xcode installed, one opens with Rosetta, one opens without. The one that opens with Rosetta can build to Simulator, the one that doesn't can't (but I can still build to physical devices with that one). I normally use the Xcode that opens with Rosetta, but when I need to edit this storyboard I close that version of Xcode and open the other version. I finish my editing than go back to the Xcode that opens with Rosetta.

It's not ideal, but it works until Apple irons out these issues. I would really like to just use Xcode without Rosetta, but I run into brick walls everywhere between third party libraries, pods, SPM, etc.
I spent 2000$ in Vietnam for getting more issues. Want to sell it now.
I have the same problem as  jda-blue. But I know of the case.
The problem in my project is that we have a swift package dependency that itself has a binary xcframework package. That package is configured to use the x86_64 version when the project is build for simulators and only uses the arm64 version when build for a device. This is why the build works with simulator when using rosetta Xcode and with a device when using M1 Xcode.

Still the issue that the rosetta Xcode is not able to show the interface builder properly is quite sad. And this still is an issue in Xcode 15.5 beta 3.
This has to be a joke. I can't believe they would release a new chip architecture that causes so many bugs. Having to close and open Xcode with or without Rosetta if you want to modify a view or compile the project is not a valid solution, especially when there's no alternative IDE. Absolute BS
I am in the exact same situation.
Simulator failure or xib error. Most libraries don't provide arm64 simulator build.
It fails one way or another.
I very much regret buying M1 mac mini.

Having to close and open Xcode with or without Rosetta if you want to modify a view or compile the project is not a valid solution, especially when there's no alternative IDE.

After my nightmarish experience with the transition kit I was actually pleasantly surprised that this is all I had to do to get my M1 to work, but yeah I agree this is not anything close to a solution. I did submit a bug report to Apple, but I suspect I'll be seeing it linked with existing reports.

Isn't there an actually work around for the time being? We can't just open xcode with or without rosetta just to compile. This is blocking on my end I'm entirely stuck.

Quick question for you guys, what version of macOS are you running?
I realized this has started happening after I updated to 11.2.3. Might be a coincidence though.
I am also on 11.2.3. But it still could be that this issue first appeared after the update to 11.2. But I cannot exactly recall when the issue started.

Quick question for you guys, what version of macOS are you running?
I realized this has started happening after I updated to 11.2.3. Might be a coincidence though.

I just tested mine and it's working. I'm on macOS 11.2.2. I'm running Xcode 12.3 with Rosetta and 12.4 without Rosetta.

I just tested mine and it's working

You mean with Rosetta you can edit .xib files?
I first noticed it in macOS 11.2.1 and I have continued to experience the same issue in 11.2.2 and 11.2.3.
I submitted a bug report to Apple's "Feedback Assistant" 3 days ago, it's still open, and it says there are "Less than 10 Recent Similar Reports".
Still no word from Apple on this.

You mean with Rosetta you can edit .xib files?

I haven't tried with .xib files, but I can edit a .storyboard file with Rosetta which does not open without Rosetta (shows "Internal Error").

EDIT: Sorry I had this the other way around. The .storyboard edits without Rosetta, and does not open with Rosetta. It will only compile with Rosetta.
Yes so you are in the same boat as the rest of us.

I filled a bug to apple as well.
How can I make Xcode's Interface Builder work with Rosetta?

Q