xcrun: error: invalid active developer path

I have this problem: xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

"make all" terminated with exit code 1. Build might be incomplete.
Could someone help me?
Two days ago I installed the last software update to MacOS: 12.2.1 but I haven't installed the command line for Xcode cause I'm not using Xcode for programming.
Could this be the problem?
Thanks for the support.
I do believe the problem is exactly that. I got the same error, and ran

$ xcode-select --install

Agreed to the terms and services, dowloaded, installed, and that was that.
I think so too but once the latest version 11.2.1 is installed it tells me that I have no other updates to do.
I installed the latest command line directly from the available packages and everything seems to work fine.
You too?

Still happening with Ventura 13.0.1 Run % xcode-select --install and that was it.

By the way, in my case I was trying to run git

Still happening with Ventura 13.1 Run

xcode-select --install 

Agreed to the terms and services, dowloaded, installed, and that was it.

By the way, in my case I was trying to run git

Still happening with Monterey xcode-select --install Agreed to the terms and services, dowloaded, installed, and that was it. By the way, in my case I was trying to run git

I have done xcode-select --install even after same issue and I cant run git

If you don't feel like downloading 15GB of stuff, this has fixed the issue for me:

sudo xcode-select --reset

As found here on StackExchange: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/432149/what-is-xcrun-and-why-would-updating-to-macos-mojave-cause-it-to-go-missing/432153

I have been updating to Sonoma (14.0) and I found the same error. I just execute the xcode installation and use some cli tools that previously failed.

xcode-select --install

hey there!, i try to run the make file and i am getting the below error. I have updated my device(Air M2) to sonoma recently. Someone please help me out.

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

I have updated my device(Air M2) to sonoma recently.

Have you re-installed your command-line tools since then? If not, you should do so.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

So, I've got the same problem, but when I put xcode-select --install into Terminal... it tells me "xcode-select: note: install requested for command line developer tools" but nothing else happens. Totally passive aggressive, like sending a job to the printer and it says Ok, Printing and nothing comes out. I also tried putting in sudo xcode-select --reset first, but still nothing. I don't have Xcode installed, I'm not a developer right now on this machine, but trying to install some compilers for RStudio to install some dev versions of R packages. Running Sonoma 14.2.1 on M1 MBA 16GB

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path

Q