How long does it take to get approved for the App Store Small Business Program

I have submit my request a month ago and I didn't get any reply yet. I've seen that other developers are getting their approval or rejection after a couple of weeks.

Is anyone in this situation? how long does it usually take?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of valimaki Down vote post of valimaki
7.7k views

Replies

I applied early December and then again late January. Got a confirmation email and chatted a bit with a support rep, but he was unable to tell me anything. Well, aside from the fact that I'm unimportant and Apple hates me.
We applied mid December and once again 3 weeks ago. No progress whatsoever.

Same problem here, I applied in January and again in Feb, still no answer in Jun…

Same here 😦 First applied Dec 2020, the same day the program was announced. Got no reply, beside the initial application confirmation email. Applied again the end of Feb 2021, the same, no reply beside the initial application confirmation.

I guess, as of now it just a PR move on Apple side, rather than a real deal.

I have applied 2 times, and always no response... is this even true? If I contact support using the button on their small program page, they say this program is manages by other team and they will reply. It's been 2 months!

Same here. Contacted support many times, they basically say that they are useless and can't do a thing. It's so ridiculous, Apple..

Just for a record: 6 months after my previous comment above, still heard nothing from them after two applications :(

I also applied on two separate occasions. After months had passed the first time and I almost forgot about the whole thing, I remembered and went through the form again. Strange that you can fill it out again, right? Does that imply that they didn't approve you and didn't tell you about it? Anyway, followed up after the 2nd time by filing support request. Got this:

The teams who review the App Store Small Business Program applications will contact you as soon as your application review is complete. Please make sure that you have accepted the latest paid application agreement in App Store Connect.

It seems to me like Apple made the whole thing for publicity.

on my first account, I waited only 6 days..on my second account (after 2 years) still nothing after 2 weeks.

Same thing is happening to me. On my first account I waited about a week. I created a business account for my single member LLC and it has been over 4 weeks now since I applied for the small business and I haven't gotten a reply. Apple is essentially stealing money from me by creating a review process that doesn't have an end date. If I knew how long the small business review process would be it would at least help me know if I should move my apps back over to my personal account. The app store and Google play store are currently my only sources of income so this is putting me in a terrible situation financially. I am considering moving all of my apps back over to my personal account but there are some drawbacks of doing that as well, especially if they approve me shortly after I do that.

• Insane...there should be a way to exit this situation. They are advertising a program that they aren't respecting because they leave people waiting for over 1 month. There should be a waiting limit to declare it then false advertisement and go legally. To me is causing business/tax problems. I don't want to transfer my app until when they don't enable my Small business.

Where you able to get it?

• I got it!

Add a Comment

After 25 days of waiting, I got it!

Ogh my... After multiple applications without any response, and contacting their useless support to no avail, I totally forgot about this crap, until today. I just got a new promo email from Apple inviting to "Enroll in the App Store Small Business Program, designed to accelerate innovation and blah-blah-blah" (well, the email actually looks quite the same as when they first announced and advertised the Program an year, or two ago). So... I just did yet another shot: the same form as an year ago, the same auto-response they received the request to join the Program, and will review details and email soon... At this point I treat it as a joke, and just posting it here in case somebody may have a good laugh about it :)

Add a Comment

same here, applied for the second time three months back. No respons. it's a game of luck. I hope my luck changes. How can you see you are enrolled?

Same here - we applied 5! times, first time 2 years!! ago. Never got a confirmation. No answer from the support. What's the problem here?

Add a Comment

Hello Apple - we got same issue - what's the status? Why does apple not confirm us to the program? It looks like it is programmed