Hard Time Setting Up HomeKit ADK 5.1 Dev System

Having a very rough time setting up the HomeKit ADK 5.1 system. Managed to get the Raspberry PI configured after working around all the issues in the the unix script that Apple supplies. What is not working is the build environment that ADK 5.1 uses with Docker.

Anyone manage to get this going or do you build on the RBP only?

Replies

I am seeing the same thing when cross-compiling for Raspi from a Linux x86 system using Docker. Looks like a missing header or a missing header path.
@choosetylernol I’m not even getting that far. The docker setup fails on the Mac. I can get my accessory code to compile on the RBP though. I have a build system were I use Xcode to edit and issue build-compile-run from Xcode to the PI.

Can you use the Xcode debugger with the Docker setup (assuming Docker set works)? Otherwise I am not sure it offers much benefit and not worth the trouble.
Not even compiling for MacOS works for me (on Catalina). I installed all prerequisites with "brew" according to the instructions. But "make all" results in a bunch of HAP related linker errors. Any hint how to fix this?

Code Block ld: warning: dylib (/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1j/lib/libcrypto.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (10.15) than being linked (10.14)
mkdir -p Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/Tests/
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -Wall -Wextra -Werror -DHAP_ENABLE_DEVELOPMENT_ONLY_CODE=1 -mmacosx-version-min=10.14   -DDARWIN=1 -Werror=unused-function -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-nullability-completeness -Wno-deprecated-declarations -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.1.sdk -IHAP -IExternal/HTTP -IExternal/JSON -IExternal/Base64 -IPAL -ICommon -I/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1j/include -I/usr/local/Cellar/mbedtls/HEAD-2a02787/include -O0 -g -DHAP_LOG_LEVEL=1      -DHAP_TESTING -IPAL/Mock -I/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1j/include -o Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/Tests/HAPAccessorySetupGetSetupPayloadTest.OpenSSL   -framework Foundation -framework CoreBluetooth -framework Network -framework CoreGraphics -framework ImageIO -framework CoreServices  -L/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1j/lib -lcrypto Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/PAL/HAPPlatformSystemInit.o Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/Tests/HAPAccessorySetupGetSetupPayloadTest.o Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/hap.a Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/Mock.a Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/OpenSSL.a 
ld: warning: ignoring file Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/hap.a, building for macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64
ld: warning: ignoring file Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/Mock.a, building for macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64
ld: warning: ignoring file Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/OpenSSL.a, building for macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64
ld: warning: dylib (/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1j/lib/libcrypto.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (10.15) than being linked (10.14)
ld: warning: ignoring file Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/hap.a, building for macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64
ld: warning: ignoring file Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/Mock.a, building for macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64
ld: warning: ignoring file Output/Darwin-x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0/Test/OpenSSL.a, building for macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_HAPAccessorySetupGetSetupHash", referenced from:
      _Test in HAPAccessorySetupGetSetupHashTest.o
  "_HAPAccessorySetupIsValidSetupID", referenced from:
  "_HAPAssertInternal", referenced from:
      _main in HAPAccessorySetupGetSetupHashTest.o
  "_HAPPreconditionInternal", referenced from:
  "_HAPRawBufferAreEqual", referenced from:
  "_HAPStringGetNumBytes", referenced from:
  "_HAPStringWithFormat", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)