Simulator background color changed?

Hey there,

recently I changed the background color of my simulator by mistake.
I typed in a ViewController:
Code Block Swift
ProgressBar.backgroundColor = UIColor.yellow

After that the background color of my simulator was yellow 😂. This means all the menus, Control Centre etc.

This is a funny issue but now I want to change it to the default.
Changing it the same way like above does not work unfortunately.

Can someone help me?

Replies

Does it occur with all projects ?

Did you try to do option-clean build folder ?

I read elsewhere in this forum a problem about yellow background forced on views.

Seems to be an Xcode 12.3 issue.

Do you use Xcode 12.3 ?
If so, either revert to 12.2 or wait for possible fix in 12.4.
And file a bug report.
Thanks for your reply!

Yes it occur in all projects. All storyboard background colors are yellow! Every time if I add a view controller the colors are back.
Clear build folder does not help unfortunately.

Hope Apple can deal with my bug report. Because I dunno when this issue appears once and it is not reproducible with my testings...
There are many other issues with the simulators ; In addition to the yellow background, I have alerts which frame is incompletely drawn, with fuzzy borders or whose texts is illisible…

I filed 2 bug reports :

Dec 15, 2020 at 6:01 PM – FB8941139. Xcode 12.3 display incomplete alerts
In a view, I have an alert. The top left and right corners are now fuzzy: on about 30 pixels wide and 80 pixels high (but not uniformly on this whole rectangle), we don't see the alert background but the view that is behind; just as if those parts had ben snacked by some rodent…

Dec 15, 2020 at 6:10 PM – FB8941145 Xcode simulator does not display alert correctly when removing App
Xcode 12.3 (12C33)
simulator iPhone 12 Pro Max - 14.3
iMac Catalina 10.15.7
When I delete the app from the iPhone, the top button "Edit home screen" is no more lisible (text black on black or transparent on black)

I see you did the same (could you post FB reference, in case ?)