Official process for resetting Mac location permission prompt on Catalina and Big Sur

It seems like a basic operation that any developer whose app uses location information would need to perform. However, after searching for some time, I have been unable to find an answer to this question that actually works.

App Review is currently refusing to approve distribution of my Mac Catalyst apps because they request access to location information, but no 'usage description' is displayed in the prompt.

These are Catalyst apps which, by Apple's official guidance, rely on the Info.plist keys defined for the iOS version of the app. For some reason the usage description (sometimes) isn't being displayed, despite the presence of the proper keys in the Info.plist and App Review has rejected the app.

For my own testing, I have found it difficult to know when that prompt will even be presented and how to reset it to ensure that it will be presented. On top of that, the usage description sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't.

I would really appreciate some help, just to reset the location permission prompt so I can even do some consistent meaningful testing! At this point, this whole things looks like Apple rejecting my apps because of their own software's failures, but how do I get to the root of it if I can't even test it?

And, Apple apparently won't allow me to include URL's in this post that link to the suggested solutions I have already tried. Nice.

Thanks.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of precisely Down vote post of precisely
1.1k views

Replies

Let me add that tccutil does not work (and apparently no longer manages location permissions, if it ever did).
Editing /var/db/locationd/clients.plist is not permitted, even as root.
Encountered the same problem, hope to get a solution

I have exactly the same problem - although all information in the .plist file and the localized InfoPlist.strings files is there,
my app gets rejected and I don't know how to reproduce the issue.

Does anybody knows a solution for this?