Pairing my Mac with my Apple TV

I'm really struggling to get a reliable connection to my Apple TV4 from Xcode. Using these steps:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208088

When it works, it's beautiful. But when I make a couple of changes to the code and redeploy the Apple TV goes black (was formally running our app), and Xcode tells me to connect the Apple TV.

Occasionally I get a message saying "This device has been ignored in the devices panel", which isn't as helpful as it sounds.

Checking the Devices and Simulators menu, I can see it's disconnected. I have tried the following:
  • Restarting the Apple TV

• Restarting Xcode

• Unpairing the Mac from the Apple TV

• Confirmed all devices are on the exact same wifi (e.g. not a 2.4g one)

When I run through the steps to connect again it just fails quietly in the Devices and Simulators, stays in the "Discovered" section, and only asks me to "pair". It has no problem interacting with the Apple TV to prompt it for a 6 digit code.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Same exact problem. Lost previous pairing somehow, cannot re-pair. Click Pair button, enter PIN, see a brief message "setting up devicename" then goes back to the "pair" screen.

Add a Comment

Replies

having this exact issue, did you ever resolve it? thanks!
I'm facing the same problem. I initially could not even get the pairing button to appear in Xcode until I switched both my Mac and the TVOS to hardwired ethernet. I actually got it to add to Xcode the first time, but it disappeared when the TVOS went to sleep. Now no matter how many times I unpair/pair it with Xcode it will not successfully add. If I double click the 'discovered' TVOS I see the same error: "This device has been ignored in the devices panel",

I tried factory reseting the TVOS and also this solution here, but neither were successful unfortunately.
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/127559

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, this is blocking me!

I'm also having this exact same issue. It's incredibly frustrating. I had it working this morning, and with a reboot I had to do for something else, Xcode can no longer pair correctly to my Apple tvOS. I'm not even sure why it would have lost its pairing in the first place.

Xcode 13.2.1 tvOS 15.2