Remote macOS machines for my remote offshore app developer

I am developing an app and I am about to hire an(other) engineer from India/Hyderabad. I want him to be able to remotely login to a Mac mini machine in my home and do the app development, from his Windows machine.

I am choosing this model because the previous two engineers left my super-small company with code and Mac minis. So, I am resorting to a model where they can login to a remote computer (hopefully I setup them in my home) which is in BayArea with me in my home.

I believe I can do something with MacStadium. But, I see that is way pricey at this stage for me. I have 3 Mac minis in my home anyway. Also, they will have to login from their Windows computer remotely onto my Mac machines.

Kindly suggest me any alternatives or how can I do better and what should I consider with the above model that I am thinking of.

Much appreciate it. Thanks much!

Replies

Hi.

I wonder if you maybe could share your experience using Mac Mini for development. I have to decide of buy Mac Mini or Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro for remothe development. In out case, the Mac Mini would be in the building in another city and we would be in our homes. Now a days we have a MacBook Pro in the building and sometimes a friend who works in the same building the Mac is, have to restart the MacBook because something seems to be frozen. I think that if that happend with the Mac would be a problem.

Thanks in advance.