In App Purchase - product ID not found.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting In-App Purchases to work on my application and I am hoping someone here can help me out.

I previously had built a game in Objective-C that was fully working with IAP and ready to deploy on the app store.

Let's say this app used the bundle ID - "com.tyler.WorkingApp"

It had three Non-Consumable products (myUniqueProduct01, myUniqueProduct02, myUniqueProduct03) and everything would properly connect and download and could be tested using Sandbox accounts.

Specifications on this app changed and it had to be rebuilt in Unity and compiled for iOS.

I rebuilt everything. It compiles fine, runs and works. Except for In-App Purchases.

I set the bundle ID of the Unity build to be com.Tyler.WorkingApp.

I set the version number to be the same as the previous app and increased the build number. (I even tried upping the version number)

Code Signed with the same account.

In-App Purchases turned on int the capabilities.

When I do a call to get my list of In-App products it returns 0 results.

If I try to do any call on a specific product ID I get an error:

The requested operation could not be completed because product info for id: myUniqueProduct01 not found.

I have tried calling "myUniqueProduct01" as well as "com.Tyler.WorkingApp.myUniqueProduct01". I am running these off of an iPhone 5.

Am I missing something? I even tried making a completely empty Objective-C project that shares the same bundle ID and tries to call the app store and it still returns an empty list.

I also tried making a totally new app with an all new bundle id "com.Tyler.WorkingAppUnity" and set up a single new IAP product. This also does not work, but for some reason, it will continue to say it is Missing Meta-Data even though I have filled in every possible piece of meta-data except for a screen shot.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this? Do I need to do something more than just set a matching bundle identifier and code sign in order to access the IAP that I have already set up?

Replies

Please confirm that you logged out of the app store AND deleted old builds of the app before reloading from Xcode

Uninstalled All non-stock Apps from Dev Device. other than Facebook and Twitter.

Logged out of the App Store on the phone.

Opened up App Store in OS X and logged out.

Logged out of iTunes.

Deleted all Apple Account profiles in XCode and re-added them.

Too much information.

1) you deleted the app in question from the device

2) you logged out of the app store on the device

3) you installed and ran the app from Xcode on the device

4) you received a call to productsResponse:didReceiveResponse: with [response.products count]==0

Correct?

If so, check your contracts on iTunes Connect to be sure they are current.

The whole productID and in app purchase system is pretty broken. You have to continuously create new productID’s if there are any issues with old ones, which leads to having to resubmit your app for approval.. so making a small Adjustment on the website to try and link your IAP’s properly = start approval process all over. But you can only have 1 IAP for that process..

sound alike you have gotten stuck somewhere in this circular hell. You probably need to just restart an entirely new project. There is far too much hidden data that Apple keeps from us. Undoubtedly something there is wrong, but h less they show it to us, there is no way to fix other then starting over :( Really is a dumb system.

I totally agree with vernr1, I am describing here my "circular hell" that I am living these days with the App Store Reviewers. Even, recreating new productIDs for new in-app purchase items and attaching them correctly to new builds -as suggested by vernr1- does not work on the App reviewers environment despite all work fine with my sandbox users !! Good luck developers!