Fixing CoreSimulator is out of date

I have just installed Xcode 12.2 on my Mac Mini build machine. I am running in to the following errors when running unit tests on a simulator:

Code Block
The version of the CoreSimulator framework installed on this Mac is out-of-date and not supported by this version of Xcode

Code Block
CoreSimulator is out of date. Current version (732.17.0) is older than build version (732.18.0).

How can I update the version of CoreSimulator running on my Mac?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of funkybro Down vote post of funkybro
12k views

Replies

Similar issue:

Code Block + xcodebuild -workspace ios/Project.xcworkspace -destination 'name=iPhone 8 Plus' -configuration Debug -scheme 'Driver' -derivedDataPath ios/build
2020-11-18 11:54:09.655 xcodebuild[38914:1349320] DVTErrorPresenter: Unable to load simulator devices.
Domain: DVTCoreSimulatorAdditionsErrorDomain
Code: 3
Failure Reason: The version of the CoreSimulator framework installed on this Mac is out-of-date and not supported by this version of Xcode.
Recovery Suggestion: Please ensure that you have installed all available updates to your Mac's software, and that you are running the most recent version of Xcode supported by macOS.
--
CoreSimulator is out of date. Current version (732.17.0) is older than build version (732.18.0).
Domain: DVTCoreSimulatorAdditionsErrorDomain
Code: 3
--
2020-11-18 11:54:09.655 xcodebuild[38914:1349320] iOSSimulator: [SimServiceContext sharedServiceContextForDeveloperDir:error:] returned nil (Error Domain=DVTCoreSimulatorAdditionsErrorDomain Code=3 "CoreSimulator is out of date. Current version (732.17.0) is older than build version (732.18.0)." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=CoreSimulator is out of date. Current version (732.17.0) is older than build version (732.18.0).}). Simulator device support disabled.

xcode updates your simulators when it is opened for the first time. did/have you opened the new version and were you prompted to "install additional components?" if so, click "install" let it install, then try rerunning your tests
  • how do handle this issue in a ci environment?

• sudo xcodebuild -runFirstLaunch will install additional components from the command-line.

Add a Comment
Tip from tscanlon helped.

I have faced this issue while trying Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile - a restart of both Xcode & Android Studio helped.

• Similar situation - I encountered this error in my KMP project, so I restarted my Mac and everything worked fine afterwards. It may have been enough to just restart Android Studio & Xcode, though.

Add a Comment