Orientation of ARAnchor and attached SCNNode appear to be different

If I manually add an ARAnchor to the ARSession, I can see it's transform is updated as ARKit tracks the world around it.

This is reflected in an attached SCNNode, with the nodes simdWorldTransform property matching the transform of the anchor.

However, I've noticed the nodes' simdEulerAngles is different.

If I derive euler angles from the transform of the ARAnchor, it gives me the same as if I derive them from the simdWorldTransform of the SCNNode. But these are different to the nodes simdEulerAngles, and never update.

Is there a difference on how the simdEulerAngles of the node are caculated, and how can I the same updated values directly from the ARAnchor?

Accepted Reply

We resolved this, the euler angles may have be calculated differently to what we were doing and that caused us some confusion, we just work with the simdWorldTransform now and it's behaving as expected

Replies

We resolved this, the euler angles may have be calculated differently to what we were doing and that caused us some confusion, we just work with the simdWorldTransform now and it's behaving as expected