Hotspot Helper waking app up

My app registers with the Hotspot helper entitlement and it works as expected.

However I notice that the app launches in the background each time the hotspot helper handler is invoked. It wakes up and hits

Code Block
- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application willFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary<UIApplicationLaunchOptionsKey,id> *)launchOptions

and
Code Block
- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions

However the launch keys do not indicate a reason. Is it possible for my app not to wake up and hit the application delegate methods and only execute whats in the Hotspot helper handler?

Accepted Reply

Do you receive launch keys if the app is suspended in the background as opposed to being activated and given runtime when the process was not alive?

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com

Replies

Do you receive launch keys if the app is suspended in the background as opposed to being activated and given runtime when the process was not alive?

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
No I receive null keys either way when hotspot helper gets activated in the background.

Matt, Im not sure why this is solved?

I think a user should receive launch keys stating the helper wakes up the app. We get zero indication regardless if its a backgrounded process or a cold launch.