Screen Mirroring issue with iPad after Mac OS Big Sur Update

After the new macOS Big Sur update , I've been trying to connect my iPad Pro as an extended display but it is not being detected anymore while trying 'Screen Mirroring', however it is still detecting my t.v. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Replies

Yes just updated to Big Sur and now screen mirroring doesn't see my iPad, although AppleTV still appears.
The iPad appears in the system preferences and in the Control Center not in screen mirroring but in the display section to the right of the slider when you hit the little monitor button. Nonetheless, it does not work, either the MacBook Pro hangs or an error comes up that the request timed out and it happens whether or not the iPad is locked. Let me know when its fixed! I miss my side car!

This is resolved with the iPad update version 14.2 and works like a charm!
Connecting my MBP (Big Sur) to my iPadOS 14.2 via Sidecar makes the iPadPro visible on Screen Mirroring. However, if disconnected (from Sidecar), my iPadPro no longer appears from Screen Mirroring. Connection through Sidecar was unnecessary before either updates and it showed right on Screen Mirroring.
Same problem here. I would love to have my second screen back. Gotta love those updates.
Same problem! I absolutely need this for work so it's more than a bummer that they took this option away... what were they thinking?!
Same issue here, I can see my TV and Apple TV, but iPad not showing up. However when I go into system preferences > displays I can connect to the ipad there, but it's normal functionality