Battery drain in ios 14.2

i updated my iphone 7+ to ios 14.2 and now i have battery drain problem and it takes long time to be charged and warmup during charging
  • My iPhone SE (1st generation) has started draining fast since iOS 14. With iOS 15 it is not doing better. I suspect the drainage is worse the days after an update. According to the service center, the hardware is fine, and the 86% max capacity is still a good one.

Paolo

Add a Comment

Replies

I didn't know other users had the same battery drain issue after install of IOS 14.2. My iPhone X was suddenly losing charge. in the middle of day rather than going all day with plenty left over. I had scheduled an Appointment at Genuis Bar to replace Battery. I now have cancelled appointment, will wait for the next IOS 14.3 update to see if they have corrected this issue..
Yes. I've observed the similar behavior on my XR as well.
My iphone 11 has the same issue. It is frustrating! The batt usually finished the day w ~40%. After iOS 14.2 i have to recharge around 3pm. Some update... looks iOS 14 improved to make it worse. Why is it taking so much time to fix this??
Same with my iPhone 7 Plus. It gets warm even while browsing in Safari and I need to charge it around 2 times in a day. Also, it freezes when I unlock using Touch ID and I need to wait some time to use it.
Same here, iPhone 11 user, Battery Health dropped to 97% from 100%. Don't understand why Apple is doing this. Phone isn't even 1 year old.

Need a free battery replacement if this continues. But I'm sure we wont get it.
same here, I would like to issue a bug of IOS 14.2.1, settings=>accessibility=>voice recognition, then whole settings page crashes back to home page.

The ones who ever experienced development ,code review and module testing of IOS 14.2.1 are whole picec of shit. should've fired them off.

Now I see it, the last problem development team will handle is battery drain. I swear I will never update to any of update push unless battery drain has been substantially improved.
I had the same problem with my SE (1st gen). I simply restarted the phone.
same for XS, used my phone for nearly two years without any problem before updated to ios 14.2
The same problem with my XR 14.2. I noticed this when it turned off at 20%.
Same here. A 45 minutes run with runkeeper and the batterie is down to 20%!
Nothing seems to work to fix this.

Resetting the battery provided slight relief, and now it's back to charging twice a day just for pretty light use.

Never happened before.

Apple is losing lawsuits globally for unethical behaviour.

We can only hope that the battery drain is a bug, not a feature.

Why can't Apple address the concerns?

Will iOS 14.3 solve this, or not?

I am on the verge of going Android for life.

I have iPhone SE battery changed this year, in July. And one week ago, I found that the battery inflated, I think iOS 14.2 has serious Battery control system bug. I changed a new battery, and new battery level drops quickly as well.
iPhone X, same problem.

During my 40m iMessage support conversation my battery went from 75% to 25%. It wasn't like this a week ago before I updated.
Same here. I have an 8 and it’s been paid off. Sometimes I wonder if these “updates” are really damaging the phones so we will purchase a new one.
Iphone7, same battery draining issue noticed.
From 100% to 25% in 3h. Battery status is degraded, but the issue is much more noticeable in 14.2