Can't login sandbox account

Can't login sandbox when input correct account and password
any help to me, thanks!

Replies

me too, from Beijing. China....shit happens
Also can't test anything related to in-app in the sandbox. Everything ends up in the error. Hopefully something to be fixed by Apple soon.
We are experiencing the same issue, not able to successfully log into sandbox accounts in settings, or complete any sandbox purchase (failing with "SKErrorDomain" - code: 0)
Same issue. Not able to login / purchase.
Me and some of my team are also experiencing the same issues, created multiple sandbox accounts and if you choose to not secure the account with two factor authentication, the modal just disappears and your left not signed in with no error displayed. Trying to sign in again just dismisses the modal and again not signed in and no error is shown.
Same issues here... Not being able to login with a sandbox user, and issues when purchasing.
I am also facing the same issue & we have to launch our app today. Can anyone at apple help ?
Same issue is being reported from our teams, can't login and can't test anything sandbox related. Yesterday it was working fine.
Seems to be working again. I tested just a moment ago and purchase/restore is working again for me in the sandbox.
me too, can't login using iPhone settings. The modal just dismiss and doesn't sign in or show any error...
Seems fixed now. Great! we only lost one day of testing...
Same to me. Need to be fixed asap

Solution: do hard reset on your device.

Problem in icloud For solution this problem you need : Go to icloud.com -> sing in with sandbox username & password -> you may be thrown out with an error, but don't give up and try again and again until you succeed and as soon as you are let into icloud -> you are awesome