Mac catalyst pulldown menu assertion failure

I changed the name of my target. I'm now getting the following assertion failure with my pulldown menus:
  • ** Assertion failure in -[UINSResponderProxy _initWithWrappedResponder:orMenuProxy:forAction:sender:], /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/UIKitCore/UIKit-3920.40.401/UIKitMacHelper/App/UINSResponderProxy.m:194

How do I fix this?

Replies

Same problem here, but even without changing target name. Any menu throws this error when opened. Have you found a solution?

Is the assertion message "UINSResponderProxy is improperly wrapping a responder that does not respond to the action."?

If so, look for overrides of targetForAction:withSender: in your code. Note that the default implementation checks canPerformAction:withSender: before returning self.

If an override is redirecting actions to a different target, that object instance must respond to those actions.

In my case I had canPerformAction:withSender overwritten in one UIViewController but not all the methods were calling the same controller (since the toolbar is on top of a UISplitViewController). This caused many issues, but once I removed the method they disappeared.