Uitextfield borders are gone.....

I have an app in the App Store that was working as it should. But all of a sudden I have a problem. The app is a golf scorecard that has vertical and horizontal stack views. Inside the stack views are uitextfields (Proportionally) But on my Iphone 7 (that I use for development by the way) the borders on the textfileds in the stackviews are blank (gone). It still shows the number when inputted, but the borders are blank. I am using auto layout by the way. The problem is on my wives Iphone 8 plus it is working as it should. I have delete my app and redownloaded it, but the borders are still gone. I am at a loss as to how to fix this. I will first find another person that has an Iphone 7 and try it to see if it has the same output. But I am at a loss on which way to proceed.....P.S. I am using Appearance light in my plist by the way and the background is white color.

Replies

my wives Iphone 8 plus

Several iPhones or several wives ? 🙂

Seriously, does it work correctly on simulator ?

I tested with Xcode 12.1, on simulator for iPhone 11 - 14.1, light appearance.
I created a vertical stack view
With 2 UITextFields
I set the TextFields border to Bezel type
The borders show without issue.

I changed the border Style to round (right farmest selection in IB). It shows as well, with a very very light gray border.
Then of course, if none border selected, no border…

I tested on iPhone 8 plus simulator: works the same.

So, check what type of border is selected. And if rounded, look carefully for the very light gray rounded border.

One wife. Lol It was working with no changes at all. The border selection has not been changed and I have always had the light appearance chosen. Then they just went away on my iPhone 7. Will try on simulator iPhone 7. Think maybe it might be a setting on my phone. But have no clue what it could be. They show up in the storyboard....
thanks