AutoLayout issues occuring on iphone 7 plus and 8 plus device and randomly on XR

on iOS 14.0 and above if i have two textfields side by side with equal width and equal height constraint , when we try to push a controller containing these textfields the entire UI freezes this is happening on iphone 7 plus and 8 plus devices and randomly on some XR device not all, works on other devices.

while debugging the called viewcontroller is executing the didload didappear functions but the viewcontroller doesn't get pushed, i.e the UI deosn't appear on screen, it displays the parent views UI and the entire app freezes, no crash.

I am using xibs and  I am using ibdesignables for the textfield

Works perfectly fine on iOS 13 and below.

Replies

Hi, I am having a similar problem, everything worked just fine on iOS 13 and below:

The debugger shows several NSLayoutConstraints stating "Unable to simultaneously satisfy constraints" and then attempts to recover by breaking one of them. I get this message in the debugger on all devices (simulator and real ones) with iOS 14 and higher but now the strange thing:
On some devices I get pushed to the next view as exepted (just fine) but on the others the button I just clicked freezes and nothing happens (no crash and no message in the debugger).

The viewWillAppear function of the view I want to open workes just well, I checked that. But after the viewWillAppear nothing happens. On the other devices I get displayed the view and my further action is required meaning I can use the app as expected.

I really have no idea where the app is stuck in a loop or something or what is checked in the background.

Has anyone an idea or suggestions what I can try?
I've informed apple and gave them a sample project to look at, it seems drawrect gets called infinitely for some weird reason, will keep you updated. My issue was equal width equal height constraint for a ibdesignable textfield, i removed the constraint and added a stackview which seems to fix the issue for now.
Hi again,

my App freezes (no crash, no errors) when I click on a TableViewCell which should bring me to another view (Objective C).

This constraint message appears when testing on all devices so I don't think that this is the problem which causes the freezing (but could be).

As I said, the viewWillAppear function of the view I want to open workes just well, I checked that. But after the viewWillAppear nothing happens, meaing the viewDidLoad isn't called.

It is really strange that this problem only appears on iOS 14 and only on some devices.