Instruments 12.0.1 symbols for system libraries unavailable in simulator

Since moving to Xcode/Instruments 12.0.1 from 11.7 I'm having issues when attempting to profile an iOS app (specifically with the Leaks instrument). Attempting to run in any iOS14 simulator, I get a warning in the top bar:

Symbols for system libraries are unavailable for <insert your simulator here>

If I try running on a simulator earlier than iOS14 I get the same message, and runtime failures:
(Before Run Started) Symbols for system libraries are unavailable for 'iPad (6th generation) (12.1)'
Recovery Suggestion: Debugging on this device from Xcode.app will download system symbols for use by Instruments and lldb

<timestamp> An error occurred trying to capture Leaks data.
Error retrieving leak information.

The code is compiled with debug (DWARF with dSYM file) and has been run in debug mode on the simulator. All of this worked happily under Xcode/Instruments 11.7. Any ideas?
having the exact same problem on xcode 12 Instruments. Cannot get any useful Instruments profiling at all without the symbols. Any assistance would be appreciated!
Have the same problem too. Tried the 12.2 beta but no difference. I can run Instruments on a physical device though.
I'm also getting the same problem. The dSym files seems to be there as well, but navigating to it doesn't do anything. Also Instruments is showing a lot of leaks, but when you run the same app on a physical device, there's no leaks shown. So right now it looks like Xcode 12 Instruments doesn't play nicely with the Simulator, which obviously is a massive problem!
Any updates on this? Having the same issue on Xcode 12.2 release...
Instruments 12.0.1 symbols for system libraries unavailable in simulator

Q