Can I make my own Smart Stack Widget?

Hello there,

I'm currently trying to develop a widget for iOS 14 and wonder if developers can create their own Widget in Smart Stack mode beside of .systemSmall, .systemMedium, .systemLarge ?

And one more question that all of tutorial video in WWDC only make widget with SwiftUI App (passing data between them). Did anyone know how to intergrate it with an UIKit application?

Thank in advance.

Replies

I'm currently trying to develop a widget for iOS 14 and wonder if developers can create their own Widget in Smart Stack mode beside of .systemSmall, .systemMedium, .systemLarge ?

Please file an Enhancement Request.

And one more question that all of tutorial video in WWDC only make widget with SwiftUI App (passing data between them). Did anyone know how to intergrate it with an UIKit application?

If you want to share code with a UIKit application you can but you cannot render any UIView types in your Widget. If you have code that performs logical operations you can call that code in your Widget. You can do this with Objective C code as well so long as you use a Bridging Header.

You can try using Widget Bundle and stack a bunch of widgets together. This somewhat replicates the design of a Smart Stack.