Build to device takes incredibly long using Xcode 12, SwiftUI, and new app lifecycle.

Anyone else running into this?

I didn't have time to try other combinations but in Xcode 12, using SwiftUI and the new application lifecycle build to device takes forever, even on a brand new project just trying to build the default "Hello World" screen.

Apps work fine in the simulator, apps work fine in preview, but building to device via cable or network is incredibly slow and can take anywhere from 45 seconds to a few minutes to go from black screen to app screen. Normally it's instant.

Replies

same issue for me on iPhone ios 14.2, but not on iPad 14.2, using xcode 12 and 12.2 beta.
I noticed the same issue in an ObjC app that has no swift (or swiftUI) at all so I don't think that's related. Xcode 12.2 beta, iOS/iPadOS 14.0
Any updates on this issue? I'm getting the same results using SwiftUI. Xcode 12 and iPad iOS 14.0
Same here on Xcode 12.0.1 with my iPhone 8 running iOS 14.0.1. After building the app takes about 45 seconds to a minute for the SwiftUI to be displayed.
Same issue here once I updated to Xcode 12 and ios14. Sometimes when I connect my iphone, I lose internet connection from Chrome and Slack.