Xcode 12 - serious problems

Hi,
I installed Xcode 12 yesterday, and am having some serious problems.

(All the problems below happen after cleaning build folder, deleting derived data folder and rebooting the computer)

1) Value of slider in xib file does not match the value immediately after loading.
Slider is clearly set to a value of 4 in the xib file, and that is what it has been when the app loads the xib file prior to Xcode 12. Now, after these two lines are executed

gc = [[GameControllerIOS alloc]init];
[[NSBundle mainBundle] loadNibNamed:@"GameControllerIOS" owner:gc  options:nil];

the value of the slider is 1 instead of 4.

2) Metal animations in the iPhone XS simulator are very slow now. Prior to Xcode 12 they ran at 60 FPS, now they run at 15 FPS. On the actual iPhone, the animations still run at 60 FPS.

3) I am getting a zombie crash in a section of code that has not been modified in a very long time.

All of these are concerning. I'm willing to accept possible blame for #3, which is occurring for an object that at one point has a retain count of over 20 because it is being added to a variety of dictionaries and arrays. I don't know that to make of #2 - I think that being able to run Metal code on the simulator is recent. However, unless there is some other way to load a xib file, I don't see how #1 can be my fault. It has been working for years as is.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

Interesting feedback, thanks, but if you're trying to file bugs vs. asking questions, feel free to use the feedback/bug reporter link below, being sure to add your report #s to your thread for reference, and see what comes back - good luck.
There is effectively a problem (bug) in XCode 12GM.

I defined a slider with 0 and 10 as min and max, and 4 as value.

It opens with 1.

Another issue:
  • it was possible in XCode 11 to set a fractional value as 0.5 (or 0,5 depending on locale).

Now, this is no more accepted and value is forced to the rounded value.
  • But it is still possible to have min or max as fractional values.

• So it seems the bug is in how IB handles the value parameter

Did you file a bug ?
Did you try with either Xcode 12.2ß or Xcode 12.0.1 ?