Xcode 12 Documentation window closes Xcode

When I try to open the Xcode Documentation inside Xcode 12 (downloaded from the app store), the whole app closes. Is anyone else seeing this
Answered by Technology Evangelist in 634294022
This affects Xcode 12 when downloaded from the Mac App Store. We're aware of the problem and we're working on a fix.

As a workaround in the meantime, documentation is available on developer.apple.com, or if necessary, Xcode 12 can be downloaded from the More Downloads area. After the next Xcode update, re-download Xcode from the Mac App Store to enable automatic updates, with smaller download sizes.
I have same problem too. Apple, please, get us a hot fix.
Yes, I have the same problem. Code completion is not always working also.
This affects Xcode 12 when downloaded from the Mac App Store. We're aware of the problem and we're working on a fix.

As a workaround in the meantime, documentation is available on developer.apple.com, or if necessary, Xcode 12 can be downloaded from the More Downloads area. After the next Xcode update, re-download Xcode from the Mac App Store to enable automatic updates, with smaller download sizes.
Good to know that I'm not the only one that has this problem.
What a calamity, they are at their 12th version of the development tool in 20 years counting project builder and at each version they say: "Improved stability" and we are now at more than 30GB to download because of a crash when we ask for the documentation. Yes to just ask for documentation. We don't count the 3 or 4 tasks in parallel at 100% cpu usage each on machines producing teraflops power just to check the Swift syntax. This is the clearest illustration of Peter's complex. In fact, the more apple earns money the more their products degrade. I know this because I follow them from NeXT computer. And I'm not talking about their disastrous reactivity, drowning in bureaucracy like a mammoth.

I can't confirm it works on manually downloaded version. It crashes consistently on documentation as well on 12.0 (12A7209) downloaded directly out of the AppStore.

Is that only for me?
Same for me, Xcode 12 crashing when trying to access documentation.
Same problem, wasting developers' time is killing people!
Same here, App Store version 12A7209
Still no fix from apple.
Same problem (xCode from AppStore)
Had the same Xcode 12 Documentation crash. Now upon downloading the Xcode_12.xip file from Apple downloads, and double-clicking it to expand it on macOS Catalina, I get the following Archive Utility error after stalling for a while about half-way through the decompression: "The operation couldn't be completed. Block-compressed payload operation failed."

What can I do about that? The man page for xip in Terminal doesn't help.
Looks like 12.0.1 is now in the Mac App Store to address this very issue.
Have downloaded/installed Xcode 12.0.1 from Mac App Store. Now, when opening the 'Developer Documentation' window, instead of showing documentation in that window, Safari gets launched showing info from developer.apple.com. Big change! Is this intended/expected behavior?
Xcode 12.0.1 from the App Store fixed this problem; Developer Documentation window now works. Thank you!
Xcode 12 Documentation window closes Xcode

Q