distribution using xcode 10.1

Hello
I already have my application finished for mac desktop store only
but .....
I am on High Sierra 10.13.6
and I can only use XCODE 10.1
is it possible to upload and deliver my application using Xcode 10.1 ....?

Replies

No.

As of April, 2020, and in effect now, all apps submitted to the App Store need to be built with Xcode 11. Xcode 11 requires macOS Mojave 10.14. 3 or later.
> As of April, 2020, and in effect now, all apps submitted to the App Store need to be built with Xcode 11
Isn't that a requirement for iPhone and iPad apps?
If you know some public announcement about that from Apple, can you please show the link?
i am not upload IOS
only MAC DESKTOP APP.....
please help

only MAC DESKTOP APP..... 

I'm not sure if Xcode 11 requirement applies to Mac App Store.
But you should better check what are officially announced by Apple.

News and Updates

App Store Review Guidelines

1. .5 Apps distributed via the Mac App Store have some additional requirements to keep in mind:

(viii) Apps should run on the currently shipping OS and may not use deprecated or optionally installed technologies (e.g. Java, Rosetta)
According to this terms, your app needs to run on the latest release version of macOS. Whether built on older version of macOS or not, you need to test your app if it runs on the currently shipping OS.
And you also needs to confirm that your app does not use deprecated technologies. I assume this includes deprecated frameworks or deprecated APIs. It is hard to check if deprecated APIs are used or not, when you do not use the latest macOS SDK.

If you know some public announcement about that from Apple, can you please show the link?

Not a recent announcement, found in my notes, I seem to recall it was originally stated back in 2017, and has since been removed from the main site as old news.

Apple used to have clear details in ASC Help, but as they always like to do, they elected to remov such worthwhile info, and now make devs scramble in the dark until they stumble onto a workable combination....or simply give up.

I think the info about being able to perhaps still 'use' older versions comes from the difference between what is allowed to be used to build, and what can only be used to upload - example is you can (maybe) build an app with Xcode 10, but it must be uploaded with 11.x

I assume that if something different were possible, the OP wouldn't be asking...instead, they've hit a wall, and came here for clarification.

As always when researching what runs on what, see the Xcode Wiki.

Ken

Not a recent announcement, found in my notes, I seem to recall it was originally stated back in 2017, and has since been removed from the main site as old news.

Thanks for sharing the info.
when I succeed, upload my application to MAC STORE DESKTOP ...
I will place here as I did.
thanks for your help, DEFINITELY
I achieved it using: XCODE 10.1
i made my app just for MAC DESKTOP STORE using:
UNITY 2019.4
High Sierra 10.13
Xcode 10.1
my app is waiting to review
i use unity and click SPORT XCODE PROJECT from unity ...then on xcode 10.1 open that project and .... menu-->archive ......modify the info.plist and done.

I achieved it using: XCODE 10.1
i made my app just for MAC DESKTOP STORE

Good info, thanks for the followup, good luck in the store.