Can I submit builds with AppTrackingTransparency?

I developed a version of my app to support AppTrackingTransparency alert, as advised by Google, in preparation for iOS 14.

It was rejected by App Store Connect saying I had to build it with last production Xcode which is 11.7

Xcode 11.7 doesn't support AppTrackingTransparency API.

Does that mean I need to wait for Xcode production version for iOS 14 to submit my update?

Accepted Reply

Does that mean I need to wait for Xcode production version for iOS 14 to submit my update?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Note that devs are obligated to only use release tools/SDKs/OSs (no betas) for the store.

It's good you're testing/getting ready for the next iOS, but you will need to wait a bit longer before you and your users can realize the benefit of that effort.

Replies

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Note that devs are obligated to only use release tools/SDKs/OSs (no betas) for the store.

It's good you're testing/getting ready for the next iOS, but you will need to wait a bit longer before you and your users can realize the benefit of that effort.

You can still submit your app to support AppTrackingTransparency framework with Xcode 11.7 by using below conditional checks which compile framework when its available for specific Xcode version :-

Objective C
#if _hasinclude(<AppTrackingTransparency/AppTrackingTransparency.h>)
#import <AppTrackingTransparency/AppTrackingTransparency.h>
#endif

Swift
#if canImport(AppTrackingTransparency)
import AppTrackingTransparency
#endif

You can still submit your app to support AppTrackingTransparency framework with Xcode 11.7 by using below conditional checks which compile framework when its available for specific Xcode version :-

It looks like this will result in the current submittable build NOT including AppTrackingTransparency support, but your code would be ready to go for when a non-beta version of Xcode 12 is released. Is that correct? It is not possible to actually use the AppTrackingTransparency framework features in submitted builds right now?

You probably know this, but Xcode 12GM is now available in the app store and also here